Wednesday, May 23, 2012

On My Own

So I  started my Independent Study Project (ISP). It was a difficult road to get started but now I finally am. Last night I got to the airport around 10:30 to catch my midnight flight to Santarem.

Waiting to board, I noticed there seemed to be people around that looked very American, then one girl started speaking English. I guess it's because I haven't seen other Americans in 3 months, but I decided to go introduce myself. I found out that they were a group of grad students from the business school at George Washington and they are working with Projeto Saude e Alegria (Project Health & Happiness), the SAME people I'm working with! It is a small, small world. One of the guys basically started asking me about food or language things to know and while I couldn't think of much on the spot, I started thinking later about all the helpful things I know and realize that I really have learned a lot about Brazil, the language, the people, and the culture. It was a pretty exciting moment.

Well, after a R$50/ $25 USD cab ride to my hotel, I slept well with air-conditioning (major win) and now am using their wi-fi. But, I'm about to head into the office, so I'll keep this one short.

Tchau,

Sarah

1 comment:

  1. So good to read your updates, Sarah! It sounds like you're having some awesome experiences AND learning at the same time!

    ReplyDelete